By Katarzyna Szumal
Our lives are like long-running movies with no beginning and no end. We believe we are the guest actors with small parts, but the truth is, without us the movie would have to be canceled. The script is improvisational; we craft new lines for each daily performance. We interact with the audience. Sometimes it’s as if we are witnessing a tragedy that requires listening, and at other times, it’s as if we are in a comedy, requiring a sense of humor. Sometimes the movie gets scary, but that happens when we lose faith in the intent of the movie. We may forget our lines, believe that the movie will end badly, or that someone will steal our lines
This year has felt like a movie full of action and a lot of emotion, and with everyone at the end of this year asking, “When will this end?” I am optimistic about this movie, and I know by taking active action in our lives we can improve the quality of our lives and change this movie’s direction. Here are some suggestions:
- Turn off the TV and put down mainstream newspapers. Start watching and reading alternative,
- Take care of your health. Start adding more fruits and vegetables, legumes and grains in your diet,
exercise and meditation.
- Support local businesses. Buy food from local farmers or friends that make their own products.
- Start a garden in your home. Grow some herbs in pots or grow some sprouts in jars.
- Take care of yourself. Listen to some classical music, watch some comedies, take a bath, or read an inspirational book.
- Do not judge. Every person on this planet is a different version of you that requires respect, love
- Send daily love and healing to our neighbors, politicians, and to everyone on this planet.
- Imagine the world that you would like to live in daily. See it and feel it.
- Stay connected with your family and friends.
- Attend our Conscious Community Gathering with Meditation every Wednesday at 7 p.m. CST. Sign up at:
- If you need any emotional support or healing, please check out our Business Directory.
“In love, we bring healing to Earth.
In unity, we live in peace.
In light, we remember what we are.
(From Be the Light That You Are: Ten Simple Ways to Transform Your World with Love, by Debra Landwehr Engle.)
I wish everyone healthy, happy and harmonious holidays! See you next year!
Until next time,