By Mija Bradford
We’re out of eclipse season and taking a break from the retrogrades in September!
New Moon in Virgo
Sunday, Sept. 9, 2018
This New Moon cycle may start by causing confusion, deception and fear. Take the time to resolve problems as they arise. Virgo’s analytical skills are highly activated; use them to understand what course of action to take. You will see that the positives outweigh the negatives and that there are more solutions than problems. This new moon will help you uncover secrets and overcome your fears. You can also question old habits, behaviors and beliefs as you search for new and inventive ways to make progress. This will lead to more confidence and success.
Harvest Full Moon in Aries
Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
The September Full Moon is known as the “Harvest Moon.” The name is attributed to Native Americans who called it this because it marked when their chief food staples were ready for gathering. The name also denotes the Full Moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox. The equinox marks the moment the Sun crosses the celestial equator (the imaginary line in the sky above the Earth’s equator.) This year, this will occur in the Midwest on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018, three days before the Full Moon.
Also, this Full Moon falls under the first cardinal fire sign, Aries. Aries is all about initiative. This vibration is interested in moving forward, not looking back. However, the Full Moons ask us to pause and reflect, which is not the sort of thing Aries typically enjoys. This sign is full of vim and vigor and possesses a drive and ambition that is unmistakable. Enthusiasm and a zest for life fill. So, take the ambition of this sign in this season of harvest to reap the seeds planted in spring. What manifestations have come into full fruition for you this summer? Harvest and acknowledge it. An attitude of gratitude brings opportunities.
Full Moons are times of illumination and clarity, as well as the power of natural energies. So, they always bring opportunities to experience and harness power from deep within. During this time, we usually talk about ceremonies to release items that no longer serve us. But, with it being a Harvest Moon under the energy of Aries, I thought it would be an excellent time to participate in a beautiful gratitude ceremony.
Harvest Full Moon Gratitude Ceremony
1. Before starting the ceremony, spend time with your journal listing the things in your life for which you are grateful. Especially the items that you’ve manifested in the past seasons. It may be qualities in yourself or achievements or attainments that you are thankful for. Or, if you faced a lot of challenges, those trials were opportunities for growth, change and achievement during these times. Acknowledge these times as well. The point is, you don’t need to create any restrictions on what goes onto your list. Be free.
2. If possible, go outside and sit under the Full Moon.
3. Light a candle. Light some incense. You may want to use white sage or Palo Santo to cleanse the space you are in and your own energy field.
4. If possible, sit on the ground and connect with the Moon. Imagine your crown chakra opening up like a flower, and the light of the Moon streaming down and through it, filling up your body with a silvery, white light. Let this light go wherever it needs to go in your physical and emotional body.
5. Read through and ponder your gratitude list. You may want to read it out loud, or silently inside of your heart. Take your time and allow the appreciation for anything else to rise within you. Your words may be as simple as “I’m thankful for enabling/supporting/showing me…”
6. Being thankful and feeling proud of yourself is definitely something great to practice. If you feel uncomfortable doing this, then all the more reason for you to try!
The key to this part of the ritual is to feel the gratitude. The attitude of gratitude brings forth opportunity. The words are merely the catalyst to release the energy that creates and allows the mind to focus on what is available. By expressing genuine gratitude, we are opening up the energetic channels for more movement through our lives. It is impossible to generate or manifest positive change if we’re stuck in the mentality of lack. Giving gratitude is one of the most potent agents for manifesting.
Mija Bradford is an intuitive life coach and Reiki Master who works with clients in all aspects of life through the Akashic Records and Universal Laws. For more information about upcoming Full Moon events, visit Attracting Your Life at attractingyourlife.com. You can also listen to her podcasts on iHeart Radio or Apple iTunes.