By Shannon Chada
Love & Light – Yoga for The Crown Chakra
This month we rise to greet our Crown Chakra. Sahasrara is Sanskrit for “the lotus flower of 1000 petals,” and it is our connection to higher realms and The Divine. Located at the top of our head, the Crown Chakra connects us to both the physical and nonphysical realms of our existence. Our pineal gland, pituitary gland, nervous and muscular systems are all governed by this area. It is in this sacred space that we come into awareness that we are truly connected to All-There-Is. With this higher perception and awareness, we begin to understand that all manifestations are forms of our own thought patterns and subconscious beliefs. Our lives graciously come into harmony, blissfulness is abundant, we find deep compassion for others, and for all that is life, and infinite wisdom is attained.
Working with Crown Chakra balancing helps us form a trusting relationship with The Divine, so that we can allow our inner knowing to guide us through life. All of the people in our life are here to teach us about ourselves, so that we can grow, evolve, and pass the teachings on to support future generations. Being at peace and connecting with our inner light assists us in trusting in the flow of all the energies above us, below us, all around us, and within us.
The Crown Chakra color is violet and/or white light. Our seven chakras reflect the colors of the rainbow; if all of the colors of light are mixed together, you will see white. Wearing white will emanate a sense of sacredness for us to open and walk this journey with grace and ease.
Our bodies are temples developed to heal and restore. Making good nutritious choices, such as pure foods that are grown in nature and absorb sunlight are best to nourish our temples, and will help purify the body and Crown Chakra. Water is medicine and clarifies the mind, body, and spirit.
Gather your crystals, and anoint yourself with frankincense or any of the suggested essential oils. Find yourself in a comfortable asana position before you begin your meditation. I like to start out with stating a simple intention, prayer, or mantra such as this: “There is love above me, there is love below me, there is love to the left of me, there is love to the right of me, there is love all around me, there is love within me, I AM loved, I AM love, I AM, I AM, I AM.”
- Essential Oils: Frankincense, Myrrh, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Helicrysum, Jasmine, and Cedarwood. The high frequency of these oils will aid the energetic field, and guide us to raise our perceptions, see the truth, and dispel illusions so our imagination and creativity can soar.
- Crystals and gemstones have their own vibratory frequency which can assist in the energetic balancing of our chakras. Try wearing or keeping one or a combination of these with you: Amethyst, selenite, peacock ore, clear quartz, obsidian, or blue sapphire.
- Meditation is a powerful spiritual practice to connect to your higher self and the higher power that you believe in. Sit in meditation, in nature if possible. This will help awaken the deepest part of your being and allow yourself to feel this great energy that is in Everything.
- Asana: Allow yourself to sit comfortably in lotus or cross-legged position for meditation. Bring your arms above your head in a V-shape and invite the blessings of The Divine to shine upon you, to shine within you. Br-ea-the slowly for as long as it feels good to you… You are a blessing of love and light.
- Chant the sound of the universe “OM,” which resonates your interconnectedness with all living things.
Shannon Chada is a Holistic Spiritual Practitioner of Full Circle Harmony. She has 15+ years experience as an Essential Oil Educator, Reiki Master Teacher, Crystal Healer, and Certified Yoga Instructor. Find her classes at Soderworld Wellness Center & Rising Lotus Studio by visiting: www.FullCircleHarmony.org.